JEA announces two directors-at-large after 2023 runoff election
Brenda Field, MJE, of Glenbrook South High School, Glenview, Illinois, and Debra Klevens, CJE, of Parkway West High School, Ballwin, Missouri, received the majority of the votes in the runoff election and will serve two years as directors-at-large beginning May 1.
The 2023 general election included a record-setting 17 candidates vying for two open director-at-large seats. In order to meet JEA’s vote threshold, a special runoff election took place March 3-7 between the top four vote getters for the director-at-large positions. Of the 2,466 total ballots successfully emailed, 366 members voted in the runoff election.
The 2023-2024 board of directors will be:
- Valerie Kibler, MJE, president (2023-2025)
- Justin Daigle, MJE, vice president (2023-2025)
- Shari Adwers, MJE, educational initiatives director (2023-2025)
- Kristin Taylor, MJE, scholastic press rights director (2023-2024)
- Brenda Field, MJE, director-at-large (2023-2025)
- Debra Klevens, CJE, director-at-large (2023-2025)
- Sergio Luis Yanes, CJE, director-at-large (2023-2024)
Scholastic press rights director and Yanes’ director-at-large seat will be open for the 2024 election.