The Journalism Education Association relies on the hard work of volunteer members to accomplish its mission. Whether you just joined JEA or you’re a veteran part of our organization, there are always opportunities to become more involved in the scholastic journalism field on a national level.
- Join a committee. You can reach out to our chairs of standing or ad hoc committees, if you feel you can lend your expertise on Scholastic Press Rights, Curriculum, Digital Media or Certification initiatives.
- Get certified. Certified journalism educators show a commitment to the profession by having national credence given to the work they’ve accomplished.
- Participate in Link. If you’re new to JEA, Link helps you take advantage of programs and resources by matching you with a veteran member. If you’re already an active in JEA and want to help others, you can volunteer as a Link partner to welcome and support a new member through personal contact such as email and/or phone.
- Attend a national convention or the JEA Advisers Institute. The value of face-to-face collaboration and networking can’t be overstated, and the training and resources gained from attending conferences is unmatched. If you have knowledge to share with students or other teachers, you can also volunteer to speak.
- Run for office. JEA holds elections every three years, and you can express your interest in running by reaching out to the executive director.
- Donate to JEA. You can designate your donated amount to a specific fund, or as a tribute to honor the memory of someone.
JEA is committed to serving its members and helping navigate the challenges of a 21st century newsroom, but we are stronger together. For more information on how to get involved, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org