The Journalism Education Association relies on the hard work of volunteer members to accomplish its mission. Whether you just joined JEA or you’re a veteran part of our organization, there are always opportunities to become more involved in the scholastic journalism field on a national level.
- Join a committee. You can reach out to our chairs of standing or ad hoc committees, if you feel you can lend your expertise on Scholastic Press Rights, Curriculum, Digital Media or Certification initiatives.
- Get certified. Certified journalism educators show a commitment to the profession by having national credence given to the work they’ve accomplished.
- Attend a national convention or the JEA Advisers Institute. The value of face-to-face collaboration and networking can’t be overstated, and the training and resources gained from attending conferences is unmatched. If you have knowledge to share with students or other teachers, you can also volunteer to speak.
- Run for office. JEA holds elections every three years, and you can express your interest in running by reaching out to the executive director.
- Donate to JEA. You can designate your donated amount to a specific fund, or as a tribute to honor the memory of someone.