2019-2020 Scholastic Journalism Week Design Contest
Promotion for the design contest will begin Wednesday, Oct. 2 on social media and on the JEAHELP Listserv. The graphic design: advertising category of the National Student Media Contest at JEA/NSPA National High School Journalism Convention Washington, D.C., also will be geared toward this contest.
Guidelines for Submission
● Using the theme “Big Questions, Big Results” create a design for us to use for 2020 Scholastic Journalism Week promotional materials and on social media. The winning logo and designer will be revealed Sunday, Nov. 24, 2019, at the JEA/NSPA National High School Journalism Convention in Washington, D.C. The winner need not be present to win. Judges will decide on the winning design after all entries, including those from the National Student Media Contest, have been received.
● This year’s theme, “Big Questions, Big Results,” celebrates student journalists who ask important questions about the world around them and thoroughly and accurately convey solid reporting to benefit the audience in a big way. They investigate, and their coverage is timely and relevant; they shed light on the people, trends, issues and stories of their community. The results are clear and meaningful.
● Create your design package with the theme in mind.
● Include the event title: Scholastic Journalism Week “Big Questions, Big Results.”
● Include the event date: Feb. 24-28, 2020.
● Include a banner version, full Instagram-style square version, and a thumbnail version of your design.
● Target market: Schools with journalism programs.
● Color required: Full color but logo must also work in black and white.
● Submit a Vector logo (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, etc.).
● Also submit your designs in JPEG and PDF format.
● Provide a datasheet (specifying fonts and Pantone colors).
● Include a short rationale with the thinking behind your logo.
● Include your name, school name, your publication, your grade level, email address and phone number. Also include your personal and your publication Twitter and Instagram handles if you have them so we can promote your entry!
● Deadline for submissions: Friday, Nov. 15, 2019.
● Submit your entries to: email@example.com
Read more at http://jea.org/wp/home/news-events/scholastic-journalism-week/