2018-2019 Scholastic Journalism Week Design Contest
Guidelines for Submission
- Using the theme “Dedicated to Our Communities,” create a design for us to use for 2019 Scholastic Journalism Week promotional materials and on social media. The winning logo and designer will be revealed Saturday, Nov. 3, 2018, at the JEA/NSPA National High School
Journalism Convention in Chicago. The winner need not be present to win. Judges will decide on the winning design after all entries, including those from the convention write-off contest, have been received.
- This year’s theme, “Dedicated to Our Communities,” focuses on reporting and publication that has revealed there is more to the story, uncovered previously unknown truths, and helped the audience navigate in-depth information.
- Create your design package with the theme in mind.
- Include the event title: Scholastic Journalism Week “Dedicated to Our Communities.”
- Include the event date: Feb. 18-24, 2019
- Include a banner version, full Instagram-style square version, and a thumbnail version of your design.
- Target market: Schools with journalism programs
- Color required: Full color but logo must also work in B&W
- Submit a Vector logo (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Also submit your designs in JPEG and PDF format
- Provide a datasheet (specifying fonts and Pantone colors)
- Include a short rationale with the thinking behind your logo
- Include your name, school name, your publication, your grade level, email address and phone number. Also include your personal and your piublication Twitter and Instagram handles if you have them so we can promote your entry!
- Deadline: Friday, Oct. 26, 2018
Submit your entries to: email@example.com