JEA magazine editor applications open until April 30
JEA’s magazine, Communication: Journalism Education Today (C:JET), provides educational perspectives to JEA members on a wide variety of topics, such as teaching/advising issues, scholastic media strategy, pedagogical updates, current journalism research and other professional and technological concerns.
The editor serves a three-year term. Members interested in serving as C:JET editor for the upcoming term, which begins May 1, 2017, should review the information below from the JEA bylaws and official job description:
Bylaw Article VII, Section 4. Editors of the JEA editorial publications shall be directly responsible to the president. Editors are selected by the president and confirmed by the board of directors. The editors, upon the discretion of the president, may serve more than one term. The editors may be removed from the publication by the president pending approval of the Board of Directors.
• The editor of Communication: Journalism Education Today is responsible for the publishing of four magazines each school year and will coordinate with the Publications/Public Relations committee regarding the direction and content of the journal. The editor will encourage board members to coordinate various issues, taking responsibility for securing articles for that particular issue;
• Receive content submissions for publication to edit, plan article “lineup” in the magazine and design the publication;
• Send material to JEA headquarters for proofing prior to publication;
• Work with the board to develop a budget for the publications;
• Send copies of the publication and notes of appreciation to authors after each issue. Maintain Communication: Journalism Education Today issues. Exchange copies with other editors of professional journalism and communication publications;
• Provide copies of all digital files of all issues to JEA headquarters for our electronic archives, possible online publication, bookstore, etc.