This contest has concluded for 2016.
Logo design contest – Using the theme “The Communities We Cover,” create a logo for us to use for 2017 Scholastic Journalism Week promotional materials and on social media. The winning logo and designer will be revealed Friday, Nov. 11, 2016, at the JEA/NSPA National High School Journalism Convention in Indianapolis. The winner need not be present to win. Judges will decide on the winning logo prior to the convention. This year’s theme, “The Communities We Cover,” is all about affecting change through student media. We will be asking staffs to submit stories the produced that gave a voice to the voiceless. Create your logo with the theme in mind.
Guidelines for submission
- Event title: Scholastic Journalism Week “The Communities We Cover.”
- Target market: Schools with journalism programs
- Color required: Full color but logo must also work in B&W
- Vector logo (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Submit your logo in JPEG or PDF format
- Datasheet (specifying fonts and Pantone colors)
- Include a short rationale with the thinking behind your logo
- Include your name, school name, your publication, your grade level, email address and phone number. Also include your Twitter and Instagram handles if you have them so we can promote your entry!
- Deadline: Tuesday, November 1, 2016
- Submit your entries to: email@example.com